KU Coding Boot Camp
Become a Web Developer
in 24 Weeks
Class Starts June 12
at KU Edwards Campus
- Benefit from a wide range of career services to position you for success through graduation and beyond.
- Build a portfolio of web applications to showcase your knowledge.
- Study part-time while maintaining your work schedule.
Web development is one of the fastest growing careers in today’s economy with a projected 20% growth rate by 2022.* Web developers earn a median salary of $63,000 and up to $110,000 per year.** KU Coding Boot Camp was designed to help students develop the skills and professional network needed to capitalize on this high demand.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics. **http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/web-developer/salary
What You Will Learn
- Students will learn a full stack, including the skills needed to become proficient frontend and backend developers.
- Students receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, mock interviews, demo days, sample coding tests, and one-on-one career coaching.
- Access to a network of Coding Boot Camp hiring partners.
- Opportunities for internships.
- Students will also have the opportunity to participate in hands-on learning activities with employers—experiences that often lead to full-time employment.
What Graduates Receive
- Access to our curated network of employers looking to hire Coding Boot Camp graduates.
- A Certificate of Completion from the University of Kansas Professional & Continuing Education showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- A robust portfolio of projects to demonstrate your working knowledge of web development.
About The University of Kansas
The University of Kansas is a major comprehensive research and teaching university. The university’s mission is to lift students and society by educating leaders, building healthy communities and making discoveries that change the world. The KU Edwards Campus is KU’s campus in Overland Park.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the dates of KU Coding Boot Camp?
- June 12 – December 9, 2017
- Can I keep working while studying at KU Coding Boot Camp?
- Yes. The program is designed for working professionals who are actively seeking a career change.
- How long is the course?
- Students will complete the program in six months.
- Do you provide career placement support?
- Yes. We offer all of our students career support and coaching. In addition, we offer students experiential learning opportunities to strengthen their portfolio.
- Do I need to have previous experience in programming before enrolling?
- No. While having some background can help, our pre-course tutorials will get you up to speed and ready to start learning on Day 1.
- What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in Overland Park or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time program that allows working professionals to study web development without leaving work.
- We provide access to a robust network of corporate partners.
- Our curriculum is built based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the local market.